If you are planning a holiday to Surfers Paradise, concerning yourself with which Surfers Paradise accommodation you want, will probably not be an issue. The biggest issue to decide on, is which time to go. There are many factors that can influence what time of year is good for you. It is fair enough to say that just about everyone wants to go in the warmer months of summer, but that is not to say there is not a lot to do in the months outside of summer. Some of the best fishing can be done in the winter months, for example. That aside, there are a few issues you should think about before planning your next holiday to the gold coast. Here is a look at some of those important factors.
- Weather.If you are not from Australia, it can be easy to overlook the fact that summer is from around November through to March. Yes, Australia is in the southern hemisphere, and that means the seasons are opposite to many other countries in the world. This might sound obvious now it has been said, but I have met so many tourists who have overlooked this fact.
- School Holidays.School holidays mean the Gold Coast is extremely busy. You will need to book ahead with any Surfers Paradise apartments or hotels during these times. If you are Australian, it is important to remember school holidays for each state are different. Whatever the case, Surfers Paradise tends to be very busy whenever there is a school holiday, anywhere in Australia. The end of each school year signals a crazy few weeks of partying by high school graduates, and this might not be the best time for many normal tourists. It might be worth avoiding, or it might be worth planning well in advance so you can be a part of the action.
- Public Holidays. Public holidays in all states of Australia, and not just Queensland, normally lead to an immediate increase in the number of people who flock to the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise on the weekends closest to those dates. Check the public holiday dates in all states of Australia.
- Events. The Gold Coast is home to many large events each year. Major events such as the Gold Coast Indy Car race, again ‘Schoolies Week’, Magic Million Racing, and a whole host of horse racing, tennis, golf, surfing and other events greatly influence the availability of accommodation, the price of accommodation and the atmosphere on the Gold Coast and in Surfers Paradise. Always plan ahead, and choose the time and atmosphere that suits you.
- Activities. While many activities and theme parks operate all year round, there are better times for certain activities such as fishing and particularly whale watching. Careful research is needed if you want to make the most out of activities that are related to nature.
Obviously, the summer months are more popular, but that is not to say there are busier and less-busier times all throughout the year. A little extra planning is required when going on a holiday to a region that is so popular and has a yearly calendar that is so packed full of events.